Early pregnancy, had light bleeding, ultrasound showed thin endometrium. What is the cause of thinning?

Hi I am currently 4 wks pregnant by my LMP. I started having some light bleeding today. I went for an vaginal ultrasound today and my endometrium is only measuring 2.5mm. Its obviously too thin. They told me I was post likely having a miscarriage . What may cause the endometrium not to thicken? Could it be something that will prevent me from ever getting pregnant? I had my IUD taken out 2 months ago, could that be the reason?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012