Early periods, spotting. Taking postinor-2. Spotting due to medication or pregnancy?

I had my monthly earlier this month due to Postinor-2, which was 2 weeks earlier then it was supposed to come. Recently, on the 18th of July I took Postinor-2 again and on the 22nd I took it again.. However, on the 25th of July i discovered some spottings. Am I pregnant? Or is the spotting normal? Please help.. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for your health query.
In response to the emergency contraceptive pill, there is invariably some amount of withdrawal bleeding / spotting which occurs within a few days.
What you have experienced experienced is most possibly this withdrawal bleeding.
Unprotected sex midcycle means chances are high that she was ovulating.
Emergency contraceptives are not very effective once ovulation has occurred.
Now, the emergencyive oncontraceptive pill has the most common and undesirable side effect of causing menstrual irregularity.
It would mostly alter her normal periods, either cause them to be early or late by a week or more days.
Hence, she might not have her next period as expected, but it could also be earlier or later.
Since you had unprotected sex, it is best to take a pregnancy test if she misses her normal period ( take a pregnancy test if she does not have her period again by the 1st of November ).
Otherwise do not worry about this untimely bleeding, as it happens commonly after taking the emergency contraceptive pill.
Please remember that emergency contraceptive pills are NOT a substitute for contraception.
Taking them repeatedly and so casually will ultimately cause her more loss than gain.
All the best