Early period, bright red, watery, large clots, headaches. Is this due to hormonal imbalance?

I have been experiencing heavy periods on and off for about a year, sometimes have clotting. My period is always 28 days. Last cycle my period was 2 days early but I know I ovulated on day 12 - 13 as I had ovulation tracking that cycle with the clinic. My body is doing all the right things in that department but I have always had issues falling pregnant. Anyway, my period this month is 3-4 days early - started brown then became a normal period. Its different than normal, bright red and watery and passing large clots and quite frequent since yesterday. I have some discomfort in that area I don't normally experience that. Is this due to hormonal imbalance? I have been experiencing very bad PMS on day 21 of my cycle. My breasts are normally sore and enlarged from day 21 of my cycle and then it disappears or fades the day I get my period. I have a terrible time with headaches and have had one for 3 days now 1 day being the worst. normally my headache will pass the day of my period. I'm 36 years old and have one 2 year old child.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013