Early onset of periods, bad cramps. On Alesse birth control pills. What is the cause?

SO i am 17 years old and i have been taking the Alesse birth control pill for about 4 months now. I missed one pill, other then that i ve never missed a pill, some days i will forget to take it at the appropriate time i should be taking it (8 am). But my period has started a week early and im still on the pink pills i have a week left of them, i have bad cramps , im spotting sometimes its red but most of the time its a brownish color. its been doing this now for 2 days and im getting worried. I have been really stressed out as well could that also be a reason for starting it so early? and why am i starting my period a week earlier then i should be? should i be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012