Early onset of period, light flow followed by spotting. No pain, hot flashes. Worrisome?<br>

Hi Dr Lundi, I am 49 years old, very active (Spinning instructor, runner, weight lifter) and have always had a menstrual cycle every 26-28 days that lasts roughly 3-5 days. Average flow, but my most recent cycle came a little early, was very light and now I have had light spotting go on for about 7 extra days. No other symptoms to report, no pain, no hot flashes, no lethargy, etc. Should I be worried? Jen
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012