Early menopause, painful intercourse, swollen urethral sponge. Using estrogen creams. Treatment?

Hello Doctors - I am almost 50, been with the same partner for decades and went into early menopause in early 40s. Since menopause, intercourse has more pain than pleasure. I was prescribed an estrogen cream to plump and lubricate the vaginal walls but it hasn t helped and I still have pain - describing it as more of a burning sensation that no amount of lubricant helps. I think part of the problem is that my urethral sponge seems really swollen and has narrowed the opening so wondering what could have caused that and what some treatment options are.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  341 Awaiting Answer