Early 50's, always had normal and regular periods, now occasionally have pinkish tint on toilet paper on wiping. Worrisome?

Hi. I ll be 47 this month and I have to say my periods are pretty reg for the most part...happening every 25 to 27 days. There have been instances where it has shown up a week early or up to a week late...but not that often. My last period started on august 31. It starts off light and then for the next two days usually it s a heavy flow...clotting occurs when I wake up in the am after laying down and use the bathroom for the first time and/ or shower. Occasionally I will have clots during the day. They usually last about five days maybe six. However, I ve noticed that up to last night, occasionally when I urinate and wipe, there may be a light pinkish or tan tint on the toilet paper. Is this something I should be concerned with? This has never happened before and I am a little scared. could you please share your thoughts? Thank you. My email address is YYYY@YYYY .
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
this kind of symptom is quiet common at this age. this is your menopausal age now your periods will be irregular sometimes there will be heavy flow sometimes only spotting sometimes long periods or short or sometimes no periods for 3-4 months. just make your pap test done.