Earlier had high liver enzyme levels. Now have high ESR levels. Reason?

I recently had some blood tests done and found I had a high enzyme level on my liver . The doctor put this down to heavy drinking over the festive period and asked me to book in for a secondary set of blood tests in order to confirm this and hopefully see the levels drop and asked me to stop drinking. I have now had my second set of blood tests results which indicate high ESR levels but they were ok in the first set of tests? Since my first set of tests I have gone back to the gym and lifting heavy weights as well as having a large volume of protein shakes in and between gym sessions. Could this be a reason for a high/abnormal ESR levels?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013