Eardrum thumping when burping, excessive wax in ear. Cause?

Hi, I am having concern with my right eardrum thumping after every time I burp. Just a few days ago, I notice a lot of wax in my ear when I used a Q-tip and after i cleared it out, I still can hear very little with the addition of the thumping sounds. What is causing this? Is it because of the wax or some kind of fluid?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Firstly, stop trying to clean your ears; it could result in impacted wax as you are affecting the self cleaning mechanism of the ears while trying to clean them. Secondly, the description about thumping after every burp suggests most likely to be due to a condition called patulous estachian tube. It is nothing to worry; however if you are not able to tolerate it, I suggest you visit an ENT specialist nearby so that he could examine and confirm the condition before suggesting treatment.