Eardrum ruptured following a ear infection. Feeling deaf. Get treated immediately?

on the weekend my eardrum ruptured following a ear infection which i had ignored. i had to go to the out of hours dr who gave me antibiotics and told me to go to gp tuesday (yestetday). gp said that the eardrum us bulging and there is inflammation in the other ear also. i am feeling deaf and pretty rubbish! .ididnt go to wirk monday or tuesday but still not up to going back (dint think i ciuld handle) the noise of schoolchildren -im a high school teacher) but i still feel guilty. dr signed me off until friday which means i will have had 4 days off. do you think this is acceptable, or should i go back sonner? do people take time iff work with a ruptured ear drum or is it just me! !!!
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013