Ear problem, mainly during night

Hi Sir, I am facing continuous sound problem with my left year. its sounds continuous as if some worm is inside my ear. I contacted an ENT specialist and he said no issue from outer year. in day times i dont have much problem but in night times when the power is off this sound alarming. Please suggest me Thanks, Anil K
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
WELCOME TO HCM.
U R SUFFERING FROM SOUND IN EAR ESPECIALLY DURING NIGHT TIME. V CALL IT AS TINNITUS. U NEED TO MAKE UR MIND FIRST TO START THINKING THAT LET THIS SOUND BE THERE. I M NOT GOING TO GET CARRIED AWAY WITH THIS. IT IS NOT GOING TO DO ANY HARM TO ME. IT WILL GO ONE DAY. THIS POSITIVE APPROACH COMES UNDER TINNITUS RETRAINING THERAPY. IF U START THINKING LIKE THIS, SOON THIS SOUND WILL FADE AWAY. ALONG WITH THIHS U NEED TO TAKE GINKGO BILOBA TABLET AND A NEUROGENIC VITAMIN TABLET FOR AROUND 2 MONTHS. U WILL GET BETTER SOON.