Ear pain, sore throat, fever, X-ray showed moderate adenoid. Surgery required?

Hi, I am Juhi from Dhaka Bangladesh, my son is 8yrs old and was suffering from ear pain and sour throat and some fever ..i took him to an ENT specialist and he asked for this x-ray and the report shows he has adenoid:moderate ..the do suggests for a surgery...i am not sure if it is compulsory or not and will it be appropriate to have his surgery now?? Is there any alternatives,like can it be cured by medication only? Pls YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012