Ear pain, prescribed Sofradex drops. Ear pains after putting drops. Continue usage?

Hello sir, I recently got hit really hard on my right ear and I think the ear drum may have bursted. But I am not sure as I did not get any blood . Anyway, yesterday I went for swimming and suddenly my right ear started hurting really bad. So, I went to see a doctor and he recommended some anti-biotics and Sofradex eardrops. My question is that on the bottle it says do not use if you have holes in your ear drum . When I put the ear drops, I feel pain for a few seconds. Do you think, I should keep on continuing using the ear drops?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012