Ear pain, left side larger than right side, hurting helix. Should I see the doctor ?

Out of nowhere yesterday after taking a small nap I woke up to pain in my ear .i touched it and it became very painful ,at first I thought it was a pimple and I had my boyfriend look at it ,then he noticed that my left side was larger then my right side.i went online and looked up the parts of the outter ear to get the correct name for it and I believe the part tht is hurting is called the helix . Anyway I just wanted to know what could be causing the pain and if I should go see a professional? Please help and thank you .
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
From history it seems that you might be having acute external ear infection.
There might be having boil on your helix or ear cartilage.
Consult your doctor.
With one course of antibiotic you will be alright.
Ok and take care.