Ear pain, itchiness. Prescribed Cyprodex, amoxicillin, neomycin. Should I take new ear drop?

I have no history even as a child of getting ear infections. However I got one 3/8, my left ear hurt. That night I took a shower and very gently dried/cleaned the ear canal with a Q-tip. My ear felt better until 3/13 it hurt really bad. After work I went to a walk in clinic and was diagnosed with and outer ear infection swimmers ear . It was explained to me that since I work out often causing me to sweat and take more showers that being exposed to more moisture that I probably got some fluid caught in my ear wherein it got infected. I was prescribed Cyprodex ear drops. By yesterday, 3/17 my ear was not feeling any better, it hurts so bad and now the pain is accompanied by itchiness especially when I administer the ear drops. I went to the walk in clinic again yesterday and was prescribed oral Amoxicillin and a new ear drop neomycin-polymixin. I was told to stop taking the cyprodex and to start my new ear drop with the Amoxicillin. I read online on may websites that cyprodex is actually better than the neomycin-polymixin and has less side effects. I have started to take the Amoxicillin but I have not tried my new ear drop and I am on Cyprodex still. I just would have thought that I would feel some relief by now. Should I switch to the new ear drop neomycin-polymixin or stay on the cyprodex for the full 7 days before trying the neomycin-polymixin if I am not cured. I just want this gone! My jaw and everything hurts..... Thank you, Sarah :)
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013