Ear pain, hearing loss in left ear, loud noise irritates me. Suggest what to do

Hi, Hi Doctor, Two weeks back i was having minor ache in my left ear. and it lasted for 2 days. I did not consult any doctor as it was not severe. 2 days back i was listening to the songs and i noticed that my left ear has some hearing problem. firstly i thought that the earphones are faulty. I put the right earphone in my left ear to check it and i found that it was my ear which was faulty as if the wire connections are loose ( interrupted voice) I do not notice it in normal voice/ noise level .. but higher volumn or use of ear phones irritates me. Please suggest me what i should be doing in this case. Thanks in Advance. - KC
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
WELCOME TO HCM.
U PROBABLY HAV GOT IMPACTED WAX IN UR EAR. NEED TO GO TO AN ENT SPECIALIST WHO WILL CONFIRM IT CLINICALLY. ITS A COMMON PROBLEM THAT CAN BE DEALT WITH EASILY. U NEED TO PUT WAX DISSOLVENT EAR DROPS FOR 4-5 DAYS, AFTER WHICH UR ENT DOCTOR WILL CLEAR IT.