Ear pain, headache, chest pain while playing basketball, healthy weight and height. Suggestions?

My son says his ears kind of ache when he plays basket ball and he gets headaches . He normally does fine with wind sprints in football but bball tryouts started and he was doing fine and then he said his chest hurt really bad and burned and he couldnt hear anything so he got off the court and then sat out. He is in 7th grade and a healthy weight and height. He had a physical in July and no conerns were given/mentioned.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello, thank you for communicating with us for your problem. As per the brief history you have given us, this could be episodic problem which could crop up with over exhaustion or fatigue. but if it recurs again then you should consult a paediatrician.
Please don’t hesitate to consult and ask for any more queries. I will be pleased to answer.
With best wishes for a speedy cure
Dr Ajay Lavania