Ear numb and hearing less after shower. No wax found. Can use drops of hydrogen peroxide to clean ears?

three days ago after shower my left ear is like numb, feels plugged and less hearing than other. i asked pharmacist &he suggests me to take decogstant.i,m taking those tablets since last three days.but i have,nt seen any change.sometimes i feel air pressure pumping out like choked pipe. what should i do.i cleaned my ear with qtips but did,nt find any wax. what should i do.can i put a drop of hudrogen peroxide to clean ear or not
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

It is most likely that wax has accumulated in the ear and causing your problem, esp since you say that you use Q tips. It is inadvisable to take over the counter drugs. Stop the decongestants and start using a wax dissolving agent. After 4-5 days of use visit a ENT specialist to get your cleaned.

I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr Divya