Ear nerve damaged - 60%, Any way of improving hearing loss other than hearing aid?

I am a 24yr old , male, suffering from hearing loss. Consultation with ENT specialists & Audiometry has revealed that both my ear nerves have been damaged to 60% & is incurable. Audiometry report says Normal compliance, normal Middle ear function with Moderate degree of Sensorineural Impairment.
I would like to ask you that other than using Hearing Aid (suggested by ENT specialists), is there any way of improving the Hearing Loss & the damaged nerves?
I have undergone a surgery in the 1995 regarding Tonsils & the Adenoid gland has been removed.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013