Ear infections, fever, chronic condition. Taken rocephin injection, allergic reaction. Treatment?

I have a 10 mont old. He has basically had ear infections every month since he was born with them getting progressivly worse. He finish antibiotics about a week ago and the following day he started having a fever. He had another ear infection and he had an injection of rocephin , and had an allergic reaction . My doctor gave im prednisone and benedryl . He is very crabby and crying all the time. Im not sure what to do at this point if i should take him to a hospital, or what?? Im just confused as to what I should do at this point.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012