Ear infection, tube placed inside ear drum, no relief. Long term damage to ear?

Hello, I am a 35 year old adult who get ear infections all the time, currently have one now in my bad ear that has lasted two weeks even with treatment. every years I get a tube placed in my ear yet still get major infections, my concern is after so many tube placements i m on my third as an adult and had many as a child on the same ear drum.. whats them long term damage that can be caused by so many and scaring. I dont think the tubes are really helping and I m thinking there must be other options.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012