Ear infection, taken amoxicillin, fever, taken antibiotic and advil, puffy eyelid, taking benedryl. Virus?

I have a 4 year old who has an ear infection that wont go so took her to ped. and he prescribed more amoxicillin for 7 more days but said it was 90% gone. He didnt know why she had fever and no other symptoms, so I gave her the antibiotic and advil for fever and she took a nap. when she woke I noticed her lower right eyelid was really puffy like a huge ball under her eye, called ped and he said use benedryl every six hours and that it could be a virus
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012