Ear infection, stabbing pain, nausea, dizziness. Taking panadeine extra for pain. Treatment?

Hello, I ve had an ear infection since Thursday this week. I went to the doctor on thursday and he prescribed ear drops and antibiotics . I returned to the doctors the next day friday as I was in a lot more pain (I think I had a reaction to the ear drops he prescribed as after I put them in my ear the pain intensified) He told me to stop using the ear drops and antibiotics and prescribed me different antibiotics. I m still in so much pain have been taking panadeine extra constantly to help with the pain. Last night along with the ear ache I started getting intense stabbing pain in my ear also, it seems to come and go. Today I went to the shopping centre and in the middle of looking around was all of a sudden dizzy and thought I was going to vomit (luckily I didn t). My ear feels like my heads under water and today I feel really sensitive to sound. Is this normal of an ear infection? Should I feel like its getting worse? How long normally do antibiotics take to work?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012