Ear infection, plugged ear, no pain, feel water juggling in on shaking head. Relief measures?

Age 52, was diagnosed with my first right ear infection one week ago. (after having the flu , the previous week) Was put on amoxicillan 875mg 2 times daily. Ok, my ear is totally plugged, no pain, but when I shake my head, I feel like I have water juggling inside. How long does this last. I do have some sinus pressure on the same side, so I have been taking an decongestant this week also. The plugged up/no hearing is what is really bothering me. Any suggestions to relieve my plugged ear?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013