Ear infection, pain on swallowing, phlegm like discharge behind throat. Using painkillers. Cure?

Ihave had an ear infection for 4 days in my right ear, it is causing pain, especially when swallowing , and is producing a considerable amount of phlegm-like discharge into the back of my throat which i need to spit up or swallow in order to breathe comfortably. I can treat the symptoms somewhat with painkillers and a mug to spit in, but i am now missing work due to this infection so i need help in clearing it. Can you help me?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012