Ear infection, pain, bleeding, swelling after ear drops. Relief with antibiotics, hearing lost. Possible treatment?

Some 3 weeks ago I suffered a head cold which cause me to have an ear infection . This was diagnosed as a fungal infection , and I was given 2 types of eardrops. The doctor was running late and I didn t have time to explain my ear history of floppy eardrums, very susceptible to perferation. Within 2 days of using the drops my ear,was bleeding and extremely painful and swollen closed and side of face became, incredibly swollen to the point where the drops were not penetrating. I went to an emergency doctor who gave me an antiflammatory injections and a majorly high dose of antibiotics. If there was no improvement after 2 days I was to go to hospital to see ENT specialist . There was a very quick inprovement, swelling and pain disappeared almost immediately. All is well, but I am left with severe hearing loss , a full feeling in my ear, and lots of unpleasant discharge, including blood. Could you please confirm whether this is normal and will heal by itself in time, or should I consult an ENT specialist.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012