Ear infection causing drum rupture, dispel infected fluids. How much time should I take off work?

Had an ear infection which caused the drum to rupture and dispel the infected fluids. Doctor has prescribed 500mg of amoxcillan 3 times a day for a week. the pain is greatly eased with ibuprofen , though still intense without (on day 3) and still showing fresh blood . My question is how much time should I take off work ( cold and slightly noisy environment) and does the ear itself take care off the leftover fluids in the ear? Regards, Nick
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013