Ear infection, amoxicillin, after medicine stopped, ear problem, dark black spot in canal, ear wax or bleeding, motrin, azithromycin

Hello, My son had an ear infection on 5/10 and was put on AMOXICILLIN but the Pharmacy only gave me enough for twice a day for 9 days, not the 10 days prescribed. He had the antibiotic until 5/19 and I thought everything was ok, but on 5/22 he started complaining that the same ear was bothering him. I took him to the dr and she said that he had a dark black spot in the canal which could be ear wax or bleeding . She gave him Motrin as his temp was 99.9 and gav eme a prescription for AZITHROMYCIN once for 5 days. We are on the 4th day and he is still complaining about the same ear - is this normal????
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012