Ear feels clogged with pain and large mass under jaw. Took Amoxicilin. Submandibular gland swollen. Cure?

my ear has felt clogged since last summer. My primary doctor says that nothing is in it that would cause any blockage. Once in awhile I have a slight persistent pain in my ear and constantly feels clogged. My hearing isn't the greatest in both of my ear and im not 100% certain that it is causing any hearing loss. Along with this I have recently discovered that I have a large mass on the under side of my jaw. Both symptoms are on the same side (left) of my face. I was referred to an oral surgeon and was fully satisfied with his opinion. At first he could not even feel the mass because you literally have to place your thumb up underneath my jaw forcing my tongue to rise. I then pressed the issue with him and he then felt what he referred to as my submandibular gland and stated it was swollen but nothing to worry about. The mass is roughly about an inch in circumference and has not gone down with a 10 day amoxicillin regiment which was 2-3 months ago and only grew in size.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013