Ear drops and antibiotics prescribed for middle ear infection. Audiogram and tympanometry showing hearing loss. Advice?

I had an ear infection and the doctor prescribed me some ear drops and antibiotics...the infection did not recover completely so i changed my doctor and went to ENT specialist.he told me that am suffering from middle ear infection so he gave me some ear drops, antibiotics and nasal spray.after approx 2 weeks i went again for check up.he cleaned my ear and said that i have a hole in my eardrum.he conducted audiogram test and typanomastry test and said that i have 50% hearing loss in my ear as compared to my other ear. He gave me some antibiotics and he will examine my ear after 10 days and said that if the eardrum doesnt heal on oits own then i have to go through a small surgery...am really tensed as i dont want to go through surgery .plz advice
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013