Ear congestion after flying. Taken steroid shot, ciprodex ear drops. Will decongestant help?

I have been having problems with my ears since Christmas night when I flew back home on a plane. I went to the doctor on Dece 28th and he gave me a steriod shot which helped my left ear but the right never improved, went back yesterday and he gave me Ciprodex ear drops which seem to be making the congestion in my ear worse. He recommended that I take a decongestant which I have been, what else is there to do?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013