Ear clicking when swallowing, happens when nervous or anxious

Hello, For the past couple years, I have noticed a clicking sound in my ears when I swallow . This usually happens when I am eating. However, it always happens when I am nervous or anxious. I have tried to focus on my breathing , and widen my throat to prevent this noise, but it feels as if I keep gulping every few seconds in situations where I am nervous. I am 20 years old female and am in good health. Thank you for your advice
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
There may be temporary block in Eustachian tube which open inside your nose. When it opens during chewing or swallowing this type of sound may be heard.