Ear blockage, loss of hearing, pressure. Have a permanent grommet fitted in. Treatment advise?

hi, i have a query about a blocked right ear i had a permanent grommett fitted approx 4 years ago and recently my ear has become blocked again and i have loss of hearing on my right side plus pressure. My ear won t pop or equalise and it s making it difficult to cope with in social situations. I have an appointment with the ENT specialist but not till next Friday and i can t bear it anymore. Is there any inflammatory pills i could take as assume it s just flared up again. There is no discharge from the ear, and i haven t been diving or done anything particular to aggravate it recently.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013