Ear blockage, ear wax, hearing loss. Tried olive oil ear drops. Treatment for relief?

my left ear is clogged up and i can hear my own voice very loudly specially on that side. it makes it very hard to have conversations with people. at times it can be painful, i have tried olive oil ear drops to help soften ear wax for the last couple days and has not yet made any difference i have also tried sticking my finger in the ear and dig out ear wax but nothing comes out either also tried shaking my finger around in there too nothing seems to be helping... what can i do to relieve this quickly?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012