Ear and throat infection, Viral and bacterial meningitis, memory loss. Is meningitis linked to memory loss?

Hi, in January 2010 I was hospitalised with meningitis following an ear and throat infection. I suffered 2-3 epiliptic fits in an hour (I m unsure because I don t remember if the staff told me how many I had). After an MRI scan and Lumberpuncture I was told that I had viral and bacterial meningitis at the same time. Is this possible? I now, sometimes, have trouble remembering everyday things and can t remember a few things that happened before I contracted meningitis. Is meningitis linked to memory loss? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012