EMT, lifted a very heavy weight, immediate tearing sensation on ulnar side of wrist. What happened ?

i am an emt and tonight lifted a very heavy pt approximately 375-400lb pt. into the back of our rig. when this happened I had an immediate tearing sensation on the ulnar side of my wrist ...then turned to burning radiating from my wrist to ring finger and pinky up to my elbow . I have movement but pain and wrist feels like it is on fire. Little movements dont hurt anywhere near as badly as larger or if i try and pick something up. What have I done to myself? I am now off work and going to be seeing my ortho asap but wanted an idea of what i could have done. I do also have a hx of RA
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013