Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Based on your history, I suspect a collateral ligament injury
in the wrist.
An xray is needed to rule out any bony injury. Ligament injuries can only be diagnosed by MRI
scan to know the extent of damage.
The initial management for these injuries would be as follows -
* Protection - of the injured area either by a sling support or a splint
* Rest - to the involved part
* Ice packing once in 2 hours to suppress the pain
* Elastic compression bandage around the swollen area
* Limb elevation with active finger movements to resolve the swelling
& anti inflammatory medicines as needed.
If your symptoms are not resolving within few days, an orthopedic surgeons consultation is needed.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day