EKG shows mild anterior infarction. scheduled for cardialogist. Stress done. Infarction from shoulder to sternum.

I had a mild anterior infarction about a month ago. i didn't seek medical treatment at the time even though my wife was persistent. I Promised her that if i still felt some effects that i would see a doc. Well I was experiencing soreness in my chest the next day and so I went into see a Doc as promised and she did an EKG on me and not only told me I had,had a mild infarction (heart Attack) but showed me. She scheduled me to see a cardiologist a week later. I didn't get to see that cardiologist because i started to get chest pain and my wife made me go to the ER where they flew me from the small hospital to a larger one with a cardiac wing and they perform a stress test and told me my heart was fine and so after they released me I canceled my appointment with the cardiologist. since then My chest pain has been getting worse. I am experiencing on and off chest pain every day multiple times a day. the chest pain is not the same as what i felt with the mild infarction up until last night and the discomfort is mild but has persistent. i still have it today in my left shoulder to my sternum. I am supposed to see a cardiologist on Monday because I have not found out why I had the mild infarction in the first place. my question is how long does the chest hurt AFTER a heart attack? and do you have any ideas of why a person might have one? I am 32 in decent shape. I have a lot of family history of heart attacks. a brother who had 2 in his 20s and 2 in his 30s. I also have an uncle who has 4 before he was 50, a grandmother who died of massive heart attack and an aunt who died of one as well. My grandfather also had heart problems and carried nitro with him every where he went. all of that history is on my Dads side of the family. all of my family has told me its do to our thick blood. my younger brother has to boys and both of them are hemophiliacs with no symptoms and the docs think its from our naturally thick blood. the boys got it from there mother.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013