EKG normal, high BP, chest pain, heart burn. Family history of heart disease. Medication to control?

I seen me heart doc EKG normal have high blood pressure told him the chest pain and left arm pain and tingling And feeling like I have heartburn so input it off I wouldn t seen him today but they called me for yearly check up I have family history of heart disease and strokes and I m 51 years old I weigh 100lbs I m on blood pressure medicence He put me on a different one only way I knew the pharmacy where i get my meds called me he didn t tell me he changed it and if needed to call him I could I had the procedure 2 years ago where they go up your groin he looked at it said it looked fine not sure if now if the chest pain comes and goes away and I do have nitrate but scared to take them. And feel stupid even going to see him today because next time I will put it off to other things .
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013