EKG normal, chest pains

My 7 yr old sons hearth and lungs are normal, the pattern in EKG is not normal but did an echo was normal too Why is he still having chest pains
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.
As you say, heart and lungs normal (in X ray chest? I assume) with normal EKG and echo.
Your main concern is the Chest pain.
I would suggest you take consultation from a pediatric cardiologist and then follow their advise. There may be other tests which have not been so far detected.
However please do not panic if every thing is normal with reference to the heart as chest pain can also have a non-cardiac cause