EKG and angiogram done for chest tightness, palpitations and pain in the arm. Is there a heart damage?

Hi, I am a 47 year old female. I had and Echocardiogram, nuclear stress test (was abnormal) and a Angiogram done over the weekend. My symptoms upon entering he E.R. were chest pressure, palpitations, left arm pain leading into my left jaw. My Echo was normal and the Angiogram show a spasm in the one or more veins in the back of the heart. The spasm happened during the procedure. I was told to take blood pressure medication, however, my blood pressure in the hospital was consistently, 114 over 58. I am following up with the cardiologist who performed the procedure, but not for 3 weeks. My question: what causes the spasm and can this cause heart damage. I have a family history of heart disease in my family.

Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013