1. The EEG was recorded while the patient was asleep
2. This Record showed low to medium aplitude arrhythmic theta at 6-7 Hz which was generalised during asleep.
3. Generalised low to medium amplituded polymorphic delta at 2-3 Hz. intermixed with theta was seen.
4. There was no asymmetry .
5. Spikes, spike and wave complexes, polyspikes of medium amplitude were present over multiple regions of both hemispheres independently, with occasional focal features and without secondary generalisation.
6. On multiple occasions medium to high amplitude generalised bisyncronous bursts of spikes, spike and wave complexes, polyspikes complexes were seen lasting briefly, followed on occasionally by relative attenuation of background activity.
7. Few artifacts were present.
8. Photostimulation revealed no abnormality.
Conclusion :- This sleep record is abnormal in view of
1. Multifocal epileptiform activty over both hemispheres independently.
2. Frequent generalised bursts, occasionally followed by relative attenuation of background activity.
3. Poorly organised background activity.
1. ACTH ing for 21 days - which is completed
2. Again ACTH ing for 21 days conti.. + Vigabatrina Tab 125mg morning and 125mg evening
Hi, Thanks for the query This report suggestive of epilepsy. In the absence of clinical data and age of the patient further opinion is difficult. Please get back if you need any additional information Best wishes
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
3 Doctors agree with this answer
You found this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer.
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]