E-beta thalassemia intermedia, taking hydroxyurea. Medicine to increase body weight, spleen size and others

Sir, my son has been suffering from e-beta thalaseemia intermedia. Now he is 6 yrs. old. He has not been transfused so far. His HB remains between 8-8.5 by taking hydroxyurea (250 mg/per day). His body weight is 19 kg. Please suggest me how his HB level can be increased to above 10 and his general health can be improved a lot including body weight, spleen size and others. please suggest me.. GAUTAM SAHA YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012