Dysfunction Eustachian tubes that stay clogged for months, ear ache on loud noises since sinus infection. How can I get rid of this?

I have dysfunctional Eustachian tubes , when they clog they stay clogged for months at a time, the left ear hurts when I am around loud noises and will go closed even more, this started three years ago after a sinus infection and since, every time I get a sinus infection they clog up. What can I do to keep them from clogging and when they do how can I get them to open. Had several rounds of antibiotics , helps get rid of the infection but does not open my ears, I just have to wait it out. I am 70 years old and did not have any trouble with my ears until three years ago. Had wonderful hearing most of my life, did see a Otolaryngologist two and a half years ago he did test and said I will have to live with it. Any suggestions.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013