During fever why my daughter's stomach is warmer than her legs and hands ?

Hi, My 1yr old daughter is having fever with cold. Doctor advised to give her Moxikind, T-Minic, Ambrodil-S & P125. Her stomach is little bit warm and her hands/legs are normail. Should we be concerned?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jul 2011

You need to be concerned if she runs high fever or pain abdomen or also low temparature.

If the child is also drowsy and not taking feeds is of concern.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health,

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
children do have cold peripheries n warmer head n stomach.but to judje temperature by touch is not advised.kindly measure with thermometer in armpit for full 3 is fever if temp is 100 For above.
Watch for drowsiness or fast breathing or refusal to feed or any twitches or convulsion.these r signs of concern.the medications prescribed r strong so keep her well hydrated n wellfed.