During an open heart surgery do doctors freeze the body of their patients ?

During an open heart surgery do doctors freeze the body of their patients? Like pouring ice all over the body before the heart is stopped...I heard somebody said something about it a long time ago. Is this really true? Barabara nope i know what i am saying during an open heart surgery a heart must be stopped first for the surgery to be carried out but what i need to know is if the body is frozen with ice or the ice is packed around the heart. DrM you are quite correct...I have watched a partial video of people actually covered almost complete with ice during open heart surgery.... I was just shocking curious about it.....Thanks DrM... A lot of people always complain about partial numbness when they wak up and feel like they have been frozen. Another point is that many doctors have told me about bodies being frozen during the surgery...but i still cant believe it...
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009