Dull spasmodic pain in right calf, no swelling or inflammation. Treatment for pain?

For some weeks now I have been experiencing a dull spasmodic pain in my right calf . It lasts 2-3 seconds and occurs exactly 6 seconds apart. These episodes can last several hours, disappearing and recurring spontaneously. There is no swelling or inflammation. Exercise/positioning does not exacerbate the pain and nothing appears to relieve it either, including simple analgesia. On a pain scale of 1-10, 10 being severe, I would place it at 5. I am quite puzzled. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012