Dull pain while coughing and on breathing deeply. Kidney infection?

I think I may have a kidney infection . The only symptom I ve had is a dull pain in my back on the right side, sort of by my bottom rib. It only hurts when I cough or take a deep breath, though. I had two UTI s in 2012, one in November and one in October, but none recently. I ve had no fever, no fatigue , and no burning sensation during urination . I am getting over the flu which has been going around my dorm which involved a nasty sore throat , coughing, and loss of voice. My mother who is a doctor told me it s nothing and I m being paranoid. So, do I have a kidney infection?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013