Dull pain, swelling below the adam's apple and above the ribs. Suggestions?

I have a dull pain in the area where the thyroid is normally located, about an inch below my Adam s apple and above the rib cage bone depression , but my GP said it was not the thyroid based on a blood test . He gave no cause for the pain when I saw him many months ago. It seems to be getting a bit more swollen on the right side than previously. At age 59, I have no problem eating or swallowing . It s just a constant annoyance. Any thoughts? Thanks. Jim.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012