Dull pain in throat on the right, periodic discomfort in right ear, freaked out due to family member diagnosed with cancer. How can I ease my head?

Im a 44 year old male physically fit I have a dull localized pain In my throAt on the right side for a while now. It doesnot hurt when I swallow food and I do not have swollen glands. My right ear has some discomfort every now and again. At times I notice some ear discomfort. It s grating at me to the point I m freaking myself out. I ve gone through a death in family that really crushed me and at first I thought it was emotional. My primary doctor prescribed Xanax for anxiety and a 5 day antibiotic which was. COmpleted And o real relief I m to the point that I m over thinking about it due to the my moms recent diAgnosis of esophageal cancer . I m freaked out and it s becoming overwhelming. Any thoughts to ease my head?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012