Dull pain in the top center of the stomach that worsens on eating, heart pain, had gallstones, advised against intake of painkillers

I have a dull pain in the top centre of my stomach just below my rib cage. It feels like I have been punched in the stomach and it gets worse when I eat (i have stopped eating fatty foods as I thought that may be the cause).But i just ate soup (98% fat free) and its got worse. I get a bit of pain to the left in my heartlike pins and needles. I have had gallstones inthe past but at that time I had back pain too. This is been 6 days now. Dr sent me for blood tests today and told me to not take pain kilers.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012